Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Wanted to be a Dancer

Guess I haven't mentioned that yet. I'm sure I danced around when I was young and got into all sorts of trouble, as I'm equally sure it was something that would never have been allowed inside the house. So I danced outside? I don't know.

But I do know it was a dream of mine until I got to the age that I decided it was too late. That was probably about the time it occurred to me that we had been poor when I was younger. Not the poorest people in the county, and we always had enough to eat and clean clothes to wear, but we could not have afforded my dance career even if Mother had had the time and the inclination to help me pursue it. I might have been a ballerina or a tap dancer, even a ballroom dancer. But there were five children and we lived "out in the country."

So now while I'm walking my sweet Chihuahua puppy Chico I take along my MP3 player or my phone on which I have stored something like 700 songs. I don't even care that the neighbors might see me dancing up and down the street, following wherever Chico decides to go.
(More about the neighborhood later and this will be funny!)

Maybe this winter (when there is no bicycle riding and the weather is not conducive to any kind of outdoor activities), I will enroll in some sort of exercise/dance class . . . or just make my own right here in the living room.

1 comment:

Bragger said...

Well, as a start, you could come and take line dancing with me at the "Y" on Monday nights!