Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bragging With Bragger

Here we are on BRAG again! Lil Sis and I rode our single bikes Sunday because it was in the mountains. We rode up Unicoi Gap (about 9.5 miles of constant climbing), then white-knuckled it down the other side (7 miles of terror and trying to maintain control of the brakes). I was so proud of the fact that I did not have to walk any part of Unicoi Gap, but later in the day it was a different story. I was completely spent by that time, never mind the fact that I did not train for this ride.

We both took Monday off due to the fact that Lil Sis was still in post-planning at school. Then today I left home on my bike, rode about 10 miles and joined the ride just before the last rest stop of the day! So my 21.2 miles was just fine with me. Tomorrow we will be back on the tandem.

Last year we gave up camping and have never looked back! It is just so nice to come in after a day of riding in the heat and have an air-conditioned room with a soft bed, a television and wireless Internet!

It's getting late, and it's going to be hot tomorrow! Good night.

1 comment:

Bragger said...

I'm hoping next year we'll be back to our regular schedule of an entire WEEK of torture.

It's not looking so good for that motor home thing, though...... God, I hate practical people.